Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Week 10 forum

Topic 1: My best photojournalism



2) I like this photo mainly because of her facial expression. It was one of the few moments I was actually in the right place at the right time, which especially with the sports assignment I rarely was.
3) It reflects what I learned as a photojournalist because of where I was physically when I took this photo. At the beginning of the term I wasn't very comfortable with getting in peoples personal space. However as the term progressed I managed to get out of my comfort zone.
4) My approach to taking photos is much different. In all my previous photography classes it had more of an aesthetic approach, you don't need 100 photos of one thing, just focus and framing, lighting, a nice subject, etc. With this class its less of taking for the sake of having a nice photo, but more of telling it how it is (from and interesting and aesthetically pleasing angle). (see week 1 Humans of LBCC assignment... they're terrible)

Topic 2: My goals

Week 1 Goal response: My goals for this class are to improve my skills in photography, be able to get out in the field, and to maybe learn something every once and a while.

I think I've managed to achieve all of my goals (except for the good grade, we'll have to see). At least in my opinion I see improvement in the quality (and quantity) of my photos. As for going out in the field, I've gotten to do assignments not only in the field but up close and personal (especially the Sicktown Bout). Not only did I go out in the field but I met a lot of people and gathered some interesting information, thereby achieving my third and final goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment