Friday, May 31, 2019

week 4 forum

Topic 1: favorite photos

I like Will's photo of the Harney County Library. Its nicely framed and has balanced contrast and lighting.
https://willreddekopp.blogspot.com/

One of my other favorites is Ashley's "Imbrie Hall". I like the mixture of the foreground and background because it adds dimension and interest.
https://ashleyrosborne.blogspot.com/

Topic 2: Lyndsay Addario

The moment that stood out to me the most was when she was kidnapped by the Qaddafi. It's not the fact that she was kidnapped, but moreover how she was perceiving the actions of the men who kidnapped her. She quotes "It wasn't the pain that made me weep; it was the disrespect, the fear of what was to come, and the knowledge that a grown Arab man could have so little self-respect that he could punch a completely bound and defenseless woman in the face." (282). I learned it's important to recognize you're still in someone else's culture as she proceeds to greet the soldier and his wife with a traditional Muslim greeting despite the fact that they had taken her.

No comments:

Post a Comment